In this Part（2）, we will talk about the solutions based on the main causes of water leakage mentioned in the Part（1）.
1. Design and preparation phase
First of all, the aluminum windows and doors profiles need strict calculation and design according to the characteristics of the project. The thickness, cross-section, etc, of aluminum profiles should meet the wind load and use requirements of local construction. Before install the door and window frames on the wall, the large windows with the most unfavorable wind pressure or bulk of numbers should past the physical performance testing to ensure the aluminum windows and doors profiles to meet the design requirements and performance indicators.
2. The structural waterproof design of Aluminum windows and doors profiles
(1) The isobaric principle actively used in the structure design aluminum windows and doors profiles is the most effective way to improve the waterproof performance of aluminum windows and doors profiles.
(2) The movable sash and window frame of casement windows can not be too small, no less than 6mm.
(3)In the high-rise buildings, cold areas or areas asking high energy-saving, users need to install the casement aluminum windows and doors profiles as far as possible rather than the sliding aluminum windows and doors profiles. As there is a large gap between movable sash and the upper and lower slides of the sliding windows and doors profiles, and the two adjacent window sashes are not on the same plane, there is no sealing force between the two sash windows, the top used in the overlapping still leave gap in between. So sliding windows and doors waterproof has poor sealing performance. However, the sashes and frames of the casement windows are equipped with 2 or 3 sealed rubber tape seal, so when the sashes closes, the rubber seal is pressed tight, and the middle space is filled with equal pressure, which can make aluminum windows and doors profiles with superior sealing performance.
(4) The glass press line of Aluminum windows and doors profiles need to be in the indoor direction, to avoid water leakage caused by the gap between the glass press line and the window frame.
(5) The sliding aluminum windows and doors profiles need a high enough water eliminator inside at the bottom inside. Because when the outdoor rain forms a certain pressure at the outdoor, the rain will flow across the eliminator into the room.
(6) The movable sash of aluminum windows and doors profiles should be equipped with watertight board on the upper part, and enough drainage at the lower part, so that the water in windowscan be smoothly discharged outdoors.
(7) The combined aluminum windows and doors profiles try to minimize the exposed patchwork, because the fine gap can not be sealed with sealant. As the exposed patch joints can not be avoided, the patch joints at the junction should form in 90 °, easy to seal.
3. The assembly ofaluminum windows and doors profiles require fine technique to ensure the appropriate amount of lap. And also, embedding glasses, we should also pay attention to the sealing at the junction of sashes in-betweens and sashes around the frame.
4. The sealing materials should apply excellent weathering silicone sealant, wall glue and seam sealant on the frame sash.
5. For the junction between the Aluminum windows and doors profiles and the wall hole, the size of gap should favor the seal in-betweens and the waterproof material filling.
In summary, the water leakage of aluminum windows and doors profiles may be related to the design, installation, processing and civil units and so on. As long as we strengthen the study of water leakage, summed up the experience, and take effective measures to strengthen the quality monitoring of waterproof, we are able to build high-quality aluminum windows and doors profiles with good waterproof performance.
LINKEDALU METAL GROUP CO.,LTD.
We provide customers with quality products and provide high-quality services.